What is Green Garlic?
A spring culinary treat that can be used in any recipe that calls for mature garlic. The end product will produce a delicate flavour, more mild than matured garlic. The entire green garlic plant is edible, from bulb, to stalk, to leaf. When cooked, the green garlic sweetens, lending a new layer of depth to a dish. Green garlic can be used raw or cooked in a broad assortment of cuisines.
Raw Green Garlic
* Mince and add to salads
* Pound into a paste to make green-garlic aioli
* Use in salad dressings
Cooked Green Garlic
* Poach the last 4" of the tips and dress with a mustard vinaigrette
* Blanch in water or chicken stock and puree it.
* Add the puree to a custard or soufflé.
* Dice and sauté the tender portions and add to an omelet or frittata
* Chop and add to stir-frys
* Chop and add to homemade potato soup